follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Monogrammed Wedding Gift and Bride & Groom Card

When I found out a friend and co-worker was getting married I knew I had to make one of these monogrammed gifts for her new home -- I just couldn't decide between which one to make?? I've seen so many in the stores and on the web.  Tip:  If you Google what you're looking for click "search" and then select "images" in the left column -- Google will pull up pictures for you.  For example - I typed in Monogrammed Wedding Gifts and I got lots of ideas for inspiration on the image screen.  Oh my….now……decisions.decisions.decisions!!  I was totally inspired by this one that I spotted over at Dittle Dattle.   It was exactly what I was looking for.  Google search to the rescue again!



I started with a board that was a chalkboard - it measures about 11 x17.  All I needed to do was paint the rim black.  

I designed everything on my Gypsy and cut it out with my Cricut Expression using white vinyl.

white flowers are from a spool of ribbon - I just tied the teal ribbon in between for a gathered look.
Teal and black are the colors of the wedding. 





To separate the letters on the M I used a very thin black sharpie maker to draw around the letter.  I also did a little doodling on the M to tie it all together.  Did you spot my "bling" on the M.  I love it!  

=============


Wedding Dress and Groom Tux ~ Sweehearts Cricut cartridge
For some of the layers I used glitter paper I get from Target like on the wedding dress, veil, and the grooms jacket (lapels part), I used black diamond stickles to make dots on cuffs and buttons on grooms jacket.

Border punch is from EK Success - Scroll & Dots


Sentiment is from Happiest Moments Stamp set by My Pink Stamper





For the inside of the card I took a regular envelope, sealed the back (flap) and cut off a 1/4 of it to make an opening and give a "pocket" look and feel.  I took my 1 1/2" circle punch and punched a 1/2 circle at the top of the opening so I could slip in a little "something something" for the bride and groom.  To decorate the pocket I inked up the edges with some gray ink, doodled with my black marker and cut a piece of the same pattern paper to attach to the middle of the pocket.  The "Love is a circle without an end" is from the  My Pink Stamper stamp set "Love a licious".  Click here to see more.   stamp sets. 




♥ Tracy

This project was featured here….:)  Thanks Sarah!!!




=========


Christmas in July 
Craft Show 
July 13th - 27th
Purchase Craft Junkie Too crafts as well as Personalized by Tracy items all from the comfort of your own computer chair.  More info coming!


========
Linking up at these fun Parties this week….



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Wow they are going to love that gift. Note only is it beautiful but personalized. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow so beautiful.... I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts, I'm sure they'll love them! I love making cards that match the "theme" of the event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gift Tracy!! :) I'm sure the bride and groom LOVED it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy, What a creative and very thoughtful gift. I know the married couple, will really appreciate the time that something like this takes to create. Hand made is always better.
    http://jeanniecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift and project.

    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have one of these for myself! Great idea & thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!! I know they will love it.


    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I've featured this on my blog this week! Come take a look!

    http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/07/make-something-monday-link-party-20.html

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü