follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Monday, August 06, 2012

{Birthday Card} using Cricut Essentials

I created this card for my cousin's birthday and wanted to share it with you.  I {love} how it turned out……and I hope you do too.  I used the Cricut Essentials cartridge that is pre-loaded on my Cricut Expression 2. 


- Card measures 6" x 6" - 

Supplies:
  • brown cardstock
  • ivory cardstock
  • olive green cardstock
  • pattern paper - The Paper Studio
  • Cricut Essentials cartridge & E2
  • brown ink
  • yellow flower primas
  • off-white tulle
  • brown flower brad
  • "Have a Happy Birthday" - "Everyday Life" by My Pink Stamper
  • Inside sentiment - "Everyday Sentiments" by My Pink Stamper
  • "Texas Chocolate "Hybrid Brown Ink by My Pink Stamper
  • fine tip brown marker for doodling
Directions:
  • Cut 6" x 12" in brown cardstock and fold in half to make a folded card.  Cut pattern paper at 5.75 x 5.75 and attach to front of card. 
  • <Doily l> page 24 Cricut Essentials - cut on brown cardstock at 5 inches.  
  • <Doily l-s> page 24 (shift) Cricut Essentials - cut on olive green cardstock at 5 inches.
  • Attach top olive green doily cut to brown cut; tie tulle around doily cuts and make a knot trimming ends to desired length.  Attach flowers with flower brad and attach to doily cuts.  Attach entire doily/flower combo to front of card.
  • Stamp "Have a Happy Birthday" sentiment onto ivory cardstock. Cut with scissors into shape (refer to photo). Ink edges with brown ink and doodle with brown marker.  Affix under flowers bending to create a flag/banner affect.

  • For inside of card, trim pattern paper to desired shape and adhere to inside of card.  
  • Stamp "May your day be filled with love and laughter." using Texas Chocolate Hybrid ink pad onto ivory cardstock.  Sentiment is from Everyday Sentiments by My Pink Stamper.
  • Trim sentiment, ink edges and layer onto brown cardstock.  The green olive green circle is left over from the inside of the doily cut.  I thought is added a great color combo inside. 
  • Doodle outside and inside of card with brown fine tip marker.

…………………..



Wishing you all a terrific day! 


♥Tracy

Find me here…
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy!This is a Very Beautiful Birthday card!!Love the color combo..Especially the green which is my Fab color!Very pretty Flower.TFS
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments everyone ☺
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, very pretty card. I like the stitching line and the flower with tulle you added--terrific!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü