follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

DIY Project ~ Closet Re-do

For several years I knew I wanted to redo Spencer's closet but really didn't know what or how I wanted it.   My oldest has one of those wire closet organizers but his closet is a little different from Spencer's and it works really nice in there.  Spencer had the one closet rod across the top for hanging clothing and we had a chest of drawers inside his bedroom for other stuff.  The chest is big and bulky and Spencer is always pulling this and that out.  I knew one day I'd figure out what I wanted to do. I Heart Organizing to the rescue!

Several days ago I saw this post by Jen at iheartorganizing showing us her boys bedroom closet redo.  I was instantly inspired.  This closet is very similar to Spencer's and I really liked the upper and lower rods she created.  I also liked how I could put all of Spencer's clothes inside his closet and not have a mixture of toys, clothes and everything else.  So - my creative juices went to flowing.  I enlisted hubby's help.  He's my woodworker, measuring guru and all around handy man.  I ♥ my handy hubby!

This is what we started with…..


I wanted something for the middle of his closet to put the bins in for jammies, socks, undies and everyday wear.  So hubby came up with this…..


…after 2 coats of paint we were ready to put it inside his closet….


…now it's time to measure and put in the 2nd set of rods….





There is still a few things I need to do like label the bins so he will know what's in each one.  I also want to get a few different hangers for his shorts.  After an entire day of working on this -- I'm a happy camper.  Thanks to my wonderful hubby!!!  We did it!!

The best part is Spencer LOVES it.  Mission accomplished.  



I used my favorite digital software My Memories Suite to create all of these pages.  I am super excited to have this entire project captured in digital format and I can enjoy it for years to come.  

It is so super simple to use and I can design and create amazing projects.  

If you think it's something you'd like to try -- here is a $10.00 off coupon for you!! 
 Visit the My Memories Suite site -- use this promo code at check out for your savings.

Click here to watch the video on YouTube to see how easy it is to use.  :)  I'd love to hear your feedback.  


PROMO CODE:
  ♥ STMMMS53054 ♥
The software will only be $29.95.  




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Very nice closet space. What a difference in the before and after. Way to go with the woodworking hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! Just needed a boost of inspiration and clearly the ideas were a'flowin! So fantastic, you (and hubs) did a great job!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, you and hubby did an amazing job. I really like the design of the new closet. Love the rods down on the bottom of the closet. Great job capturing the renovation by using the digital software! Love it..such all around inspiring post and projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handy hubby you have!!! Closet looks great & so do the scrapbook pages!!! I have a digital sb program that came w/my laptop, may have to give it a try. Just curious, do you print out your projects & put in a album?
    Puppy Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very nice, handy husband's are the greatest!!! (mine built my scrap room---gotta love that!!!) His closet looks very color coordinated!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü