Hi everyone and Happy Sunday!
I wanted to share some simple goodie bags I created for Spencer's 5th birthday party that we recently celebrated. For the past 3 birthdays this child has wanted a cowboy "themed" party -- he is a cowboy at heart and since I don't mind at all -- I was okay with it. I needed to make about 40 goodie bags so I wanted something simple that I could mass produce…..yet nice. Goodie bags are one of my favorite crafting projects to create! I get all "giddy" inside. :) ….
![]() |
| click to enlarge |
I started with a brown lunch bag - I decided to leave it plain (on the outside), but you can stamp, paint, use cut outs, die cuts, color, markers, etc. Lunch bags are a wonderful and inexpensive item to use as the base of your goodie bag. I usually pick up a package at the grocery store for around $2.00 or less.
Now, I needed to decide what to put in them. I always say that goodie bags can be as expensive or inexpensive as you need or want them to be. The more "stuff" you put in them or purchased stuff -- they more $$ you'll spend on each bag.
I needed to make about 40 so I needed to think in volume. Chex Party Mix, Trash, or other party mix is a great volume filler and I thought it kind of sort of went with my cowboy themed party. You can check out some recipes here or do what I did and using some basic ingredients you can throw some things together in a big ole bowl and start scooping into smaller plastic bags.
Here is what I did….
I started with a bag of Traditional Chex Party Mix.
I then added Cheerios cereal, more Corn Chex, more Pretzels and M & M's. Some party mixes have peanuts or nuts in them along with various spices -- I stayed clear of that because Spencer's pre-school is a "peanut free" school (because of food allergies) and making these for kiddo's I didn't want the spicy mix. Feel free to add to and doctor it up (so to speak).
I dumped all of this in a HUGE bowl, mixing it up throughly. I then scooped about a cup and 1/2 into a plastic cello bag (like these here) and secured the bag with a tie.
![]() |
| click to enlarge |
I then put the Cowboy Mix along with some Tootsie rolls candy in a bag and to close I tied some jute string into a bow and included this little card on it to say thanks for coming!
| Jute can be found at Hobby Lobby or other Craft stores, Hardware stores or even the Dollar stores (in the tool or hardware section) |
Goodie Bag tags…..
![]() |
| click to enlarge |
Blank business cards are a wonderful tool to use for any type of card (not just business related, lol). I design one card in my Word program and then copy and paste onto the other ones, print on my home printer and wa laa….I have cards that are the same size, tear apart easy (because of the perforated edges) and very easy to work with. Makes decorating little goodie bags and gift bags a breeze. I usually purchase a large box of Business cards at Sam's Club for around $6.00. Great deal!!
![]() |
| click to enlarge photo cowboy and horse digital image by Scrappin' Doodles |
Thanks for stopping by everyone! I appreciate my viewers and followers so much!!
♥Tracy
----------
Linking up at these fun parties this week. Check out their fabulous blogs for wonderful inspiration.
Pin It













So cute! Love the custom little notes you created :)
ReplyDeleteThese are such a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable! Using the business cards is a great idea, thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteThese are SO cute, I love how you tied the tag on with the twine, so fitting!!!
ReplyDeleteHi,blog hopping and following from Savvy HomeMade Monday. Please check out my blog and would love a follow back. Thanks
ReplyDeletehttp://freedelicacies.blogspot.com
good idea to find the twine-I've never looked for it that way in bukk (my son has never had a real party yet...but love the paper bag ideas and If I recall, Target actually had red ones and blue ones!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute tags!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!!!
ReplyDeletecraftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com
I love watching Spencer's parties each year. You do such a beautiful job of designing his theme. He's so cute.
ReplyDeletelove spencer's photo. adorable!
ReplyDeleteVery cute. Love the tag. :) Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link up party going on right now over on my blog. :) (New follower, love your blog!) :)
ReplyDeleteGinger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com
This is waaaaay cute!!! Love everything about them :) Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteThese are super cute favors! Thanks for sharing at Savvy HomeMade Monday!
ReplyDelete