follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Sunday, August 21, 2011

{ Altered Journals } for Teacher's Gifts

I've been wanting to play around with some altered journals for sometime now -- I see so many cute designs and almost everyone makes them look so super simple -- so when I found these I knew I would give it a try.  I found the journals at Family Dollar (love that store), the flap (where the name is) has a "magnet" closure - super simple to use.  It then opens like a book with lots of pages with lines inside.  


I made these for Spencer's new pre-school teacher and classroom aide for him to give as a gift on the first day of school.  Just as a "welcome and wishing you a great year" kind of gift.  I {love} how they turned out.  


These were purchased (covered) in the designs you see here -- I just added the white vinyl and tags.  :)


 Supplies
  • white vinyl 
  • font for vinyl ~ "Pooh Font" by Cricut
  • boy and 2 girls digital images by Scrappin' Doodles
  • font for circle - Baa Baa Book
  • sentiment - "Teach a Child * Change a life" (designed printed on my computer)
  • 3 inch scalloped punch
  • 3 inch circle punch
  • ink and pens for doodling


I'd LOVE to hear what you think about my first altered journal! 
I hope you find them inspirational.  


♥ Tracy


Linking up at these fun parties this week…... Pin It

17 comments:

  1. they are really cute but how did you recover them?

    sunlite705at (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, they're so bright and fun. I like the simple approach. The teachers will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. family dollar here i come.. love the designs!! I do love your journals for the teachers they will love them!! you did awesome!! :) I LOVE creating journals for my grandkids, etc..
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journals are adorable. What a great gift. You will be making more of these!!! Awesome job. Saw these on Made It Myself Mondays.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute and fun easy project. i am sure the teachers love them. being the colors were bright and already there, no need to change that part.... great idea. i keep a log book in our RV and write all the places we take it and maintenance records. I decorated it with some tags and cricut cuts - so many uses for these books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I love these! They're the perfect simple gift for a teacher.

    As always, thanks for sharing!
    hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you willing to share your Teach a Child ... Change a Life file? I start back next week and this would be PERFECT as a little something to gift my colleagues with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I love how they came out.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a teacher, I can tell you...this is the kind of personalized gift that will make your son's teachers feel so special and appreciated. They're beautiful! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are perfect teacher gifts. Nice job altering the notebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello gorgeous! I wanna be a teacher just so I can have one of these! You did a great job!

    Thanks so much for sharing! Visiting from Tip Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone!
    jers52 -- yes, I'd be happy to share….send me an email at craftjunkietoo at gmail.com and I'll send it over. :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Cute!! Following you on GFC. Visiting via I MADE THIS! Drop by and enter the tutorial contest. Love to have you.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/fav-craft-tutorial-contestant-reminder.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute and super simple. Thanks for sharing. Showing love from the linking party.

    Natasha
    craftingwithnatasha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These journals are so cute and so thoughtful! Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. I hope you will link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up at I Made It! Monday. Hope to see you there again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü