follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines using Dinosaur Tracks

Spencer and I went back and forth of "what" he wanted to do for his class valentine's this year and he *won* out with a dinosaur design.  I tried soooo hard to convince him to let me use Smiley cards like the one I did HERE - but he "really" insisted ....and wanted a dinosaur to give to his friends ~ so I said okay.  Ü 

Even though these are super simple there was 16 to make SO that took me several hours to complete.  Designing everything on my Gypsy made cutting everything out so super easy BUT one draw back is I had designed everything to this size and after putting the dinosaur together I wish I would have made him a little bigger.  Ü  The Gypsy is an awesome tool to have and makes mass producing a cinch. 

Since I was using a dinosaur I thought about using the YOU ROCK stamp by My Pink Stamper and cut out a large rock to go along with my design.  I hand wrote Valentine because all of the stamps I have says *valentine's* and I didn't think that sounded right...*you rock valentine's* so I made it my own.  I also personalized each bag with his classmate's name. 



I used the TINY MOSAICS cuttlebug folder for the dinosaur's body.   Doodling everything up with my white & black pens was the finishing touches. To give the "rock" a more realistic look I inked the edges with charcoal gray chalk ink. 




 YOU ROCK stamp is located on the Family & Friends stamp collection by My Pink Stamper




Supplies
Dinosaur Tracks by Cricut
plastic bags
candy
You Rock! stamp by My Pink Stamper (Family & Friends collection)
white & black pens

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I love the way you embossed the body. Great idea
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awsome Tracy!! I LOVE Smiley too, but these dino ones are adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an awesome mom Tracy. I bet spencers friends think YOU ROCK! So cute. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great little treats!! I love the dino Spencer picked!! Great job! :)

    TFS, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy,
    These are super cute. I love the way you did the lettering
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I love the dinosaur theme for the treats..I bet his class loved them

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Spencer is onto something! Those turned out really cute with the dinos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your super sweet comments. I really appreciate them. I was very apprehensive about how they'd turn out but Spencer loves them and that's all that matters. :)
    ♥Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy - those look good! great idea for v-day.
    New follower - u can following me on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable. I love the way you embossed the body. You out did yourself the kids will love them.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy! Super Cute Valentines!! You Rock! =:o} I love the Kids having fun Valentines to take to class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracy these are so cute. Im sure your sons classmates loved them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just too darn cute :) The embossing is the perfect touch! Wish my kids still wanted treat bags :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. SUPER CUTE!!! and reslly fun I love the embossing touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fab idea for little boy's valentines!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü