follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

{Painted Burlap} Pumpkins Tutorial

Burlap is so fun to create projects with.  It's natural rustic look and feel makes fall decorating so pleasing.  I've seen some of these burlap pumpkins floating around different websites I visit and was inspired to create some for my fall decorating.  

With just a few supplies I created these fabulous fall pumpkins.  





Here are the supplies I gathered -- I also used Raffia but forgot to include that in the pic.


I was thrilled when I found these 2 fabric remnants in the Wal-Mart Fabric Department -- I ♥ fabric remnants and find some awesome deals -- like these.


While cruising the fabric department I spotted this Orange Project Spray Paint and thought I'd give it a try to paint my burlap.  
It was very easy to use but doesn't go very far (coverage wise) -- I only got 2 pretty good size squares of burlap sprayed with this can and the can cost $3 bucks -- maybe closer to $4.oo -- so I wouldn't recommend using this spray for burlap.  It doesn't cover much :(


Again -- totally forgot to take pictures of the spray painted burlap but I just laid it on a foam board, sprayed it and let it dry.  It took about 30 minutes to dry for me. 

Next to make the pumpkin….






If you like my chicken wire basket -- click here to see the tutorial of what I did to turn it into a Chalkboard front. {love}





I ♥♥♥ how my Burlap Pumpkins turned out and hope you do too.




Linking up to these parties:



Sharing with:

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Wow...these are Too CUTE!! I like this idea..thanks for sharing

    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest pumpkins ever! I love them. I also have a linky party, A Bouquet of Talent, that I would love for you to share these awesome pumpkins! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too!Too!Cute!!and so inexpensive!like that !a money saver tip!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pumpkins are really cute and I love your Happy Fall display. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute craft! thanks for sharing your tutorial! I think I may have some burlap left over to make a few!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü