follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Design Team Wednesday - Fall Projects

Hi everyone ~ I am super excited to show you my Design Team 2's fall themed projects today.  They are all sooooo fabulous!  You did a fantastic job ladies.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Leave them some comments here or visit their blogs and let them know what you think.  I will post 1 photo here but some have more posted on their individual blogs.  Ü

-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Craft Junkie Too Friend



CJToo DESIGN TEAM 2 Projects

First up is Ms. Helen with this adorable Halloween Door Hanger.  U better Beware! Great project Helen!



For today's post, I decided to make a Halloween wall hanging.  The base is cut from chipboard with the Deep Cut blade which I used for the 1st time!!  The cut came from Mini Monsters and is 10 inches.  I also cut it out again in regular cardstock.  The Beware, Spiders and Web came from the October 31st cartridge.  Beware was cut at 2 inches; Spiders at 3 1/2, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 inches; web at 6 1/4 inches. 
 I added stickles, iRock gems, and lots of ribbon on the handle.  It was really fun to make and I am very pleased at the way it turned out!! 

Visit Helen's blog {here}.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Ms. Christina shows us what fall is all about. This little fella is sooo sweet!



  The base for this wall hanging was made using 2 layers of cardboard from a cereal box and 6 pieces of craft cardstock all adhered together to make it nice and thick. I covered it with pretty fall colored papers, then added the scarecrow and sunflower ribbon. I wrapped braiding cord around the center and tied it off with the orange button. I wanted a nice big scarecrow for the center. I just love how he turned out. I used real buttons for his overalls rather than the back dots. I also added more braiding cord and a button to his hat and I love that extra touch it gave.

This wall hanging is hung by a very small binder clip which I covered with brown paper and then added a sunflower over the front metal piece so you don't see it. It hangs from the back metal piece and it is not going to slip off because the wall hanging is so thick. I this this project turned out super cute and it is amazing how something like this could be made from just paper and ribbon and buttons.

Hope you enjoy.
 
Visit Ms. Christina's blog {here}.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Next up is Ms. Katie with this adorable project! Who knew a jeweled pumpkin would look soooo cute! :) Thanks Katie!


Recipe:


Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge

Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, & Kraft Cardstock

Imaginisce Gems

ekSuccess Ticket Punch

Papertrey Ink Rustic Jute Button Twine

Recollections Eyelet

Papertrey Ink "Wreath for All Seasons" Stamp Set

Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile & Dark Chocolate Ink

Colorbox Cat's Eye Ink

White Gelly Roll Pen
 
Visit Ms. Katie's blog {here}
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
How about this cute project from Ms. Amber ~ so stinkin' cute and yummy! :)
 
 
 
I cut the shape for the sign out from Ashlyns Alphabet. It was designed to be a frame, so I hid the inner contour to get just a basic shape. It is cut at 5 inches. I cut it once from a cereal box, and then again in some paper from the DCWV stack Midnight Spell. I used Deep Plum Glimmer Mist all over it, and then inked all the edges with black.

I cut the letters from Ashlyn's Alphabet at 1 inch. I ran them through my Xyron twice, once on each side. I glittered the front side with Martha Stewart glitter, and then adhered them to the sign.

The bat is cut from Paper Doll Dress up. I used the actual height (or real dial size) feature and cut him at 1 inch. I used a white gel pen to trace the lines the Cricut made, and then added tiny googly eyes.

The candy is from Doodlecharms, and all comes together as one cut, which I made at 5 and 1/2 inches. I used a white gel pen and Diamond Stickles to decorate the candy, and I also used a red marker on the Tootsie Roll.
 
Visit Ms. Ambers blog {here}
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
This yummy treat from Ms. Kristin will fill our sweet tooth ~ too bad my computer screen is not scratch and sniff.  :)
 

 
Recipe:

Cookies:

"No-Fail" Sugar Cookie Recipe (will be posted on my blog)

Chocolate Fondant

Orange Vanilla Fondant

Create a Critter Cartridge

Tags:

Create a Critter Cartridge

Cream Cardstock

Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink

Orange Ribbon

Clear Treat Bags

Visit Ms. Kristin's blog {here}

-=-=-=-=-=-

Next up is Ms. Tammy.  She also have a video {here} so check it out. 



 I created two votive candle holders for fall, I used my Cricut, vinyl, glass etching cream, alcohol ink and two glass votives from Wal-mart. This is a super easy project that looks great! I created mine and have them in my living room, we have had quite a bit of company due to a death in the family (My Great Aunt), Everyone who comes in wants to know where I bought them so they could go get a pair. Apparently I now have to make several sets LOL. I used Sure Cuts A Lot and two cut files I have had (I have no idea where I got them) both are simple leaf shapes, there are several Cricut cartridges with simple leaf shapes too. When I cut the leaf shapes, I saved the actual leaf shape (the part you normally discard for etching purposes) after I etched the leaf on the glass votive and washed and dried it. I used the leaf shape to cover the etched part and alcohol inked the outside of the votive. Once I got it the way I wanted it and the alcohol ink had dried (which is almost instant) I carefully peeled off the vinyl leaf and had the finished votive. I hope you like it and I did create a video so you can see the whole process, it is available for viewing on my blog! Have a great Crafty day!!

Tammy
 
Visit Ms. Tammy's blog {here}.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Last, but certainly not least is Ms. Rebecca's project - WOW - don't you just love it? 
 
 

 
I just love fall and my mom always decorates her house for every season, so I thought I would make her this fall hanging for her fireplace

I used Storybook for the letters cut at 3.5, Thanksgiving for the leaves cut at 1.5, and turkey 2.5, Create A Critter for the acorns cut at 3, Country Life for the pie cut at 3.5, and the tree is from Cindy Loo cut at 3. The patterned paper is from DCWV Autumn Splendor pack.
 
Visit Ms. Rebecca's blog {here}.
 
 
-=-=-=-=-
 
Thanks ladies - your projects are AWESOME!  I just love Fall :)






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü