follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pink Poodle Birthday Card

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a super week-end.  We had a busy one, that's for sure. 

Spencer had a birthday party to go to this afternoon and while grocery shopping today after church I found this adorable pink poodle in the Valentine's section.  I fell in love with it and thought the little birthday girl would love it too...so I decided to buy it and put it in her gift along with the other little girlie items I had for her.   Well, finding this pink poodle just sent my entire imagination spinning and I thought how cute it would be to make a birthday card with a poodle on it.  As I was standing in the check out line of the store my head was spinning with ideas of how could I pull this off???  I looked at my watch and said; okay it's 2 hours until the party; hmmmmm can I get it done.....???!!@#$@!!  yep, I can do it.  LOL.....I then thought ..... now WHAT cartridge has a poodle on it????  I remembered seeing one but which one???? .....hhhhmmmm?????.  Well, what do you think was the first thing I did when I got home (and after unpacking my groceries) - yep, I pulled out my Gypsy and searched "poodle" - it pulled up Paper Pups and also Cricut Sampler.  I don't have Paper Pups but to my delight I just got the Cricut Sampler cartridge in the mail this past week (from my cricut rewards program) so I quickly got to work.  I had to make some quick decisions because by then my clock was ticking.....tick...tok...tick...tock....okay - 1 hr. 15 minutes until party time...no time to video....only create (sorry ladies).  Ü


I really think this card turned out adorable.  I do my best work under pressure (so I am told).  Let's see.....I made the card and got to the party on time too....  Ü


Here are the details:

  • The base of the card is a green cardstock 8 1/2 x 11 in. folded in 1/2.
  • The pattern paper is from Nana's Kids DCWV paper pad.
  • The happy b-day is cut 3" - Lyrical Letters
  • The glittery bow is also 3" - Lyrical Letters (using shift key); white glitter paper. 
  • The green cardstock behind the happy b-day is just edges torn to shape around the b-day shape and used white ink to ink the edges. 
  • The poodle is from Paper Pups cartridge or Cricut Sampler cartridge has this cut on it too.  The poodle is cut at 3 inches - blackout pink paper.  The top outline of the poodle is white glitter paper to add some "bling".  3" also. 
  • I used pop dots on the poodle and b-day to add deminsion. 
  • green grossgrain ribbon and white tulle for the bow.

Here is my inspiration for this card.


I tried to take good pictures to show you....sorry I had not time to video but I hope I described it okay.



Leave me a comment and let me know how you like this card.  Your comments really make my day. 

xoxo,
Tracy
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Wow, the first to post! REALLY cute card. I LOVE Lyrical Letters, but no Cricut sampler or the pups cartridge. I do think the search mode on Gypsy is one of my favorite features.
    Thanks for all of the videos
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! You do good work under pressure! Thanks for sharing!
    Smiles,
    Amanda in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! What li'l girl wouldn't just love that!! Your card turned out super!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my FAVORITE card you've made. I love the girly girl connection! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love details!

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's girlie girl! The poodle is adorable, the paper colors are perfect. THANKS FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card! The colors are great! The outline was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! What little girl wouldn't like those poodles...the stuffed one and the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the poodle design. very creative...

    Your new header is so cute...yes i had noticed the change in hair color with the Xmas pic. I like you as a blonde!!!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Isn't it amazing sometimes where we get inspiration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for your comments. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card super cute i wish you could have made a video. How you did all that and got to party on time i will never know i would not have. When are you going to do more scrapbook pages???
    You need to do a dvd, you put so much more into things anyone can cut out with cricut but all the extra touches that you do set it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How original and CUTE Tracy.
    Love it! :)

    keep up the great work
    best wishes
    jeanette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü