follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm Back, Reflection & {Holly Jolly Cupcake Toppers}

Hello my sweet friends!  I've missed you all so much.  Things at the Wellmann household have been quite busy …..hmmm...some good and some not so good.  I took a little blogging break the week I was hosting my annual Christmas Craft Show and I guess my body was so worn down I got sick…then my oldest son got it…then last week it was passed onto my husband -- so needless to say our home has been full of snotty noses, doctor visits, antibiotics, allergy meds and lots of coughing.  I had very little energy to do anything but go to work and take care of us.   Spencer is the only one who has stayed well through this bug -- so far (crossing fingers and toes).  

….now onto the Connecticut School shootings …. my heart aches for all those involved.  Being the mother of a kindergarten student I feel especially close to this horrible event.  Being a christian I know that the "free will" God gives us is sometimes used for evil doings.  It simply breaks my heart.  We are all given the free will to make choices that can help, serve and care for others or we can be selfish and think the world "owes" them for something or another.  I do believe that mental illness/disorders is a real disease and have to rely on my faith that this person had to not be of sound mind and body to even dream up this horrific plan.  Prayer changes things and I will continue to pray for peace, grace and comfort in the arms of our Lord Jesus Christ during short days ahead and the long days that will surely never be the same for us.  I've seen so many life changing events during my lifetime, 1986 with the Challenger explosion, the bombing of the Oklahoma building, Columbine, Virginia Tech, 9-11 Twin Towers, Hurricane Katrina, Rita, Ike that forever changed Texas, Arizonia Representative Gabby Giffords shooting, Movie Theatre Massacre, Mall Shooting, now this…. do I think gun control will solve the issue?  Heck no.  I believe that we need to put God back into our schools and allow prayer to be a daily part of lives…..stepping down off my soap box now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now….on a brighter note…. I wanted to share some cupcake toppers I created for holiday cupcakes I took to work for our annual Christmas party.  
I will share the actual cupcakes in another post as our party is later on today.  :)

  
These were pretty simple to make.
Supplies:
  • green & white card stock
  • holly stamp
  • Holly Jolly stamp {click here to view set}
  • 2 inch scalloped circle punch
  • 2 inch circle punch
  • black marker 
  • red marker
  • green and red ink pad
  • wooden sticks
1. Stamp holly and "Holly Jolly" sentiment onto white card stock and punch out using 2" scallop circle punch out.
2.  Using 2" circle punch out green circles.
3.  Using red marker color in berries of holly.
4.  Ink edges of scallop circle with green ink, doodle with black marker.
5.  Glue wooden stick{about 1 inch} on green circle and glue white scallop circle on top (the wooden stick will be in between both circles.  
~Tracy


Sharing with these linking parties this week!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy!

    I second everything that you said. We do not have the answers and we live in a sinful world. God did give us free choice and it is our responsibility to what we do with our choices. That is why God sent his Son Jesus. We are a fallen world in need of the Savior. This is of little comfort to those whose heart have been broken and like you, I will pray for peace, grace and comfort for those who are hurting.

    Valerie

    p.s. Sorry that your family has been ill. Definitely praying that Spencer will not end up sick as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also second everything you said above - I'm typically not a big "commenter", but just felt I had to let you know what a perfectly stated reflection you posted. Guns or lack of guns won't solve anything - we need to get back to the basics - the 10 commandments.

    Thanks for posting this :)

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Bethanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü