follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Creamy Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Ham

After Thanksgiving I had quite a bit of Ham left over so I went searching for some recipes I could make.  (I made this a few weeks ago)…..
This Creamy Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Ham was amazing and I wanted to share the recipe from My Recipes website [click here to print recipe].
(source)
Ingredients
salt and pepper
1 small box of small pasta shells
1 medium head broccoli florets (about 4 cups)
2 tbls. butter or margarine
4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
1 half-pint carton heavy cream
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carton heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
1.  Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.  Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.  Add broccoli for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.  Drain and return to pot.
2.  While pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.  Add onion and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.  Add ham and cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer.  Stir in cream, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.  
3.  Scrape cream mixture into pot with pasta and broccoli.  Add cheese and toss to combine.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve immediately and add additional Parmesan cheese on top, if desired.  
[click here to print recipe]
YUMMO!  
~Tracy


Sharing with these linking parties this week!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good. I happen to have some ham to use...it will be nice to try something different! Pinned it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so yummy! Thanks for sharing it, my 14 month old will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü