follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Thursday, December 06, 2012

How to Clean a Chalkboard

I have this chalkboard in my dining room that I like to write positive messages on for my kids to read throughout the week.  (me and hubby too).  Spencer also practices his spelling words, letters and numbers and so in short it captures quite a bit of chalk dust.  For my Thanksgiving dinner I wanted to write a Happy Thanksgiving on it (you may have spotted my chalkboard on this post) and plain warm water was not taking off all of the chalk dust/residue so I went searching online for another way to clean a chalkboard.  I found this site How to Clean Stuff . net and read that white distilled vinegar was used for stubborn chalk residue.  
Awwwe….mission accomplished.  
White distilled vinegar will clean the stubborn chalk residue off of your chalkboard.  
Just wanted to share….because chalkboards are very popular decor right now….
Do you have any tips to get the stubborn chalk dust residue off chalkboards?  If so, please share.  
I used a paper towel with straight vinegar on the cleaner side.  
~Tracy


Sharing with these linking parties this week!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü