Back when I was doing craft shows -- the Fall/Christmas shows were definitely my favorite ones that I would attend. For my Fall show I would almost always make painted wooden pumpkins (just like these) and would most always sell out quickly. Shoppers love the 3D effect of adding realistic items to my wood crafts like the excelsior, homespun fabric and ivy for leaves. As with this {free} pattern -- this home decor item is very useful as it serves as a candle holder for jar or votive cup, electric melter [like you see in the pic], or use if for a multitude of other items.
I know it may be a little late in the season this year but you can always bookmark or pin for next year.
The key for me with these wooden pumpkins is to use 1" pine boards. Pine wood is very user friendly and has a very smooth finish.
Supplies:
- 1" pine wood
- pattern [download part 1 and part 2] tape the paper pieces together to cut out of the pine board.
- band saw or jig saw
- natural shredded wood excelsior [Hobby Lobby]
- homespun fabric
- green ivy
- wood glue, staple gun, electric nail gun [optional]
Paint:
- Cermacoat - Georgia Clay (pumpkin and base)
- Cermacoat - Black (shading)
- Cermacoat - Antique White (doodles and speckling)
- Cermacoat - Autumn Brown (stem)
Download the pumpkin pattern here -
part 1 and
part 2 or right click on the pictures below and save as to your computer.
If you use this pattern -- I'd love it if you'd share it on my Facebook Fan Page. =)
{Enjoy and Happy Painting!}








Sharing with these linking parties this week!
Pin It
Love your pumpkin! I'd love to make one for my mantle, but everytime I try to download the patterns, it locks up my computer! Could you email them to me kraftychic@stx.rr.com
ReplyDelete? Thanks