Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday. Our family sure did. We had lots of good food, football and family time. For the last several years….I have been cooking on Thanksgiving for my family (hubby and my boys) and invite my in-laws over to join us . My parents usually travel to Louisiana for some casino time -- so I am content with not having a big family get-together. We love watching football on Thanksgiving Day and our team the Houston Texans did not disappoint us. Yay!
I wanted to share a few pictures of my Thanksgiving table. It's nothing fancy but it is definitely "me"…..I very seldom have everything matching and love a hodge podge full of different decor.
Did you spot our Gratitude Turkey in the background on the door?! {love it}
Ooops….Spencer (my 6 year old) helped me set the table and I didn't double check his work -- I realized when I took this picture that he didn't have all of the Fall fabric coasters to match….he had a couple of odd ones in there…... tisk - tisk!!
When I put this centerpiece together I didn't really have a plan -- I just pulled things out and built it as I went along. Yep, that's how I roll….I admire people who plan out every single decor item -- but I just can't. I'm a last minute decorator and usually "throw" some stuff together…..I'm happy with how this turned out. I took an empty oblong box and filled it with orange pip berries, fall leaf garland and artificial pumpkins, gourds and other berries. I fiddle with it until I like it.
The burlap runner is from Michael's. It is very long and made very well. I folded it in half and then "bunched" it up on the center of my table. I put the center piece and candlesticks on top of the burlap. I also used my painted burlap pumpkins in my table center decor. They really added the extra touch.
(tons of how-to pictures and printable recipe. Win! Win!)
Cream Cheese Monkey Bread Dessert
Let me tell you it is DELICIOUS! Everyone gave it two thumbs up and I will definitely add this recipe to my big ole book of tried and true recipes to keep.
I hope everyone enjoys their week-end, black friday shopping and Christmas decorating.
Pretty table Tracy, and your dessert looks delicious....I see your coffee filter wreath hanging in the background there, too! Hope you had a terrific holiday my friend!!
Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü
Oh my gooness it looks awesome
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Thanksgiving dinner setting. Hope it was wonderful!
ReplyDeletePretty table Tracy, and your dessert looks delicious....I see your coffee filter wreath hanging in the background there, too! Hope you had a terrific holiday my friend!!
ReplyDelete