![]() |
| This card is 5.50 x 4.25 |
In case you'd like to know how I created it…read on.
If you are a Cricut owner and like crosses -- the New Testament cartridge is a.w.e.s.o.m.e!! This cart has a whole button dedicated to crosses of all kinds of design - simple and intracite. I totally fell in love with this whole cartridge the moment I laid eyes on it sometime ago and as soon as I could I added it to my cartridge library. I'm pretty selective about the cartridges I purchase now and only buy the ones that I really like instead of being a cartridge "collector" I'm a cartridge "user". I hope that makes sense. I only buy the ones I know I'll use. Okey dokey enough on that.
Supplies:
New Testament cartridge by Cricut - cross page 35 (size about 3 inches)
cardstock - black, ivory
pattern paper - black & ivory stripe
Edger Punch on sides is "Scroll & Dots" by EK Success
To add a variation of ivory color to the corners of the layer -- I just bent the 4 corners and added a black brad to hold it down-- this is a great way to add color without adding another layer.
I also tied black twine around the front layer before I adhered it to the card.
I added pop dots to the cross and Good Luck sentiment for dimension.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
♥Tracy
__________________________
Pin It












I do love your card - I have that cartridge and haven't used it yet. Love all the details of your card, the turned down corners, scalloped label,it all adds up to a gorgeous card and so thoughtful too. I too am trying to be a cartridge "user" but with the computer age taking over, I think these type of cartridges will fade out - too bad because they are a real deal with so many images on each one. So my advice is, if you see a cartridge you are interested in, get it because before too long I think Cricut will dry up and stop offering them. ALready their newer cartridges are half the content they used to be. If people like us amass a good complete library of cartridges, they will serve a lifetime and never break down and we can share with others. Sharing is always good. Just a personal thought as to how I am handling an investment in cricut when all are going to computer generated images - way too expensive for what you get while a cartridge is real evidence of what you have!! ANyway, you have a real talent and I always enjoy your creations! Sorry for the length of this!!
ReplyDeleteJanette S.
PS. Just in case Cricut tanks, I am buying a lot of needles and some extra mats. Just a thought.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Janette -- much appreciated. :)
DeleteHugs,
Tracy
Really pretty!!! Lee-Ann :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Lee-Ann! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tracy
Yay Judy -- so happy to create something in your cartridge library. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tracy
Hi Tracy!!Saw this BEAUTIFUL card on FB and said WOW!!!Speechless.....
ReplyDeleteThat is a MUST have Cart!!!
FB:Migdalia
I looked at this cartridge earlier this week when I was in JAs and I passed on it, now I could kick myself. Your card is simply beautiful.
ReplyDeleteTracy, this is a beautiful card!! I wanted to recreate it with a few minor changes. I wish I had your doodling ability! Here's a link to my blog, I linked it to yours so people could see where I got the inspiration from. I hope you don't mind!
ReplyDeleteDonna
Love your card. I have this cartridge too and really love the crosses. Some of the other images are kinda weird looking - but the crosses make this cartridge worth it. Would love to see you make more from this cartridge and share with us!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn Leonard