follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Monday, July 16, 2012

{Fruit Bowl Tips} - 15 Minutes to Get Prepared!

 

I love fruit! I love to eat it and have it available in my fridge for me and my family to eat.  It's yummy, delicious and healthy! I simply was not eating enough of it. 

This leads to my dilemma here….why didn't I eat more fruit?! 
Because I HATED preparing fruit.  
You know, slicing, dicing and making it ready-to-eat.  I like cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries and grapes. 
Silly, maybe but I really did hate cutting up the cantaloupe, washing and pulling the grapes off of the stems.

Until I started doing this tip I'm sharing with you today that changed my attitude.

For years I would buy the fruit to have in the house but if I didn't take the time to wash it and slice it up -- it would sit there and eventually go bad or until I really took the time to eat it. Wasteful, yes!  ☹


One day while at work some friends and I got on the subject of fruit expense and what we do to get our fruits and veggies in our daily diet.  
I shared with the girls that I love fruit but hated preparing it for eating.  One of my good friends shared this tip with me and so I said I'd give it a try.   

It's not rocket science by no means but it has totally changed my attitude towards preparing my fruit.

I usually grocery shop on Sundays after Church.  So when I get home I take about 15 minutes and cut up my fruit and make fruit bowls that I can grab in the morning for my lunch or to snack on throughout the day.  

Yes, this is my fruit-sanity tip!  lol!

I don't put it in the fridge until it is ready-to-eat. 

These are the kinds of fruit me and my family enjoy.  

  


I usually start with dicing up my cantaloupe…putting it directly in my bowls as I go along.  I then add in strawberries and grapes next.  If blackberries are on sale -- I grab a box of those too. 


Taa- Daa….no more hatin' for Tracy!!


Do you like preparing fruit? I'd love to hear your tips and tricks of what you do to get more fruit in, how you prepare it for your family and other goodness. 

Wishing you all a GREAT week!  
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Find me here:
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Duh....that make a lot of sense! Thanks for the great tip! Yummy looking also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started doing this myself. I actually put it all in a large bowl but same concept. Now it's SO much easier to grab a serving and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why Didn't I think of that! I have the same problem! I am so going to try this! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a simple yet fantastic idea

    would love it if you could share them on my link party - http://serenityyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/serenity-saturday-48.html

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Presentation and planning are everything :) Glad you found my blog-- I am now your newest follower. We Texas Girls have to stick together!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this great tip!I usually cut my fruits and leave it on a plate and share with my neighbors so that it does not spoil in my refrigerator.I always have storage containers that I save so I will try this especially for my pineapples...which I love..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tracy,

    Thank you for the tip about preparing individual bowls of fruit for each day - what a wonderful idea! Fruit salad is always more appealing than whole fruit for me and I used to prepare it regularly for my family. But as a single person, I stopped and now I see it will do wonders to get me to eat more fruit and truly enjoy it. Thanks for passing that tip along!

    Janette S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do this too and it makes such a difference! I use the snack sized zip lock bags but I like your idea better; less wasteful and still snack size. :) Found you on tatertots and jello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great tip. Otherwise, fruit tends to just sit in the fridge!

    I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-and-smart-solutions.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to do this (a long time ago) with fruits and veggies, when my son was a toddler, over the years I slacked off...he's now a teen! A great idea!

    Thanks for posting this at The Purple Pumpkin Blog

    Look forward to seeing you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü