10 Minute Spring Arrangement
Hi everyone -- I hope you are enjoying your week-end….
I wanted to share my 10 minute Spring Arrangement that I made for myself -- yes, it only took me about 10 minutes to do (once I gathered my supplies)…
Here is what I did -- and you can too!
These are the supplies I used:glass vaseglass beads (floral section)bushes of silk flowers in spring colors(Joanne's had a great sale on silks this week)
============================
I started with….a large mouth glass vase
then I filled vase 3/4 full of glass beads
A few tips on flower choices:When I pick out bushes of flowers for arrangements I most always go with a color family, as you can see here in the picture….I look for flowers that have the same coordinating colors, or blending colors. For instance I knew I wanted pink as my main color in this arrangement so I chose flowers that had lots of shades of pink, mixing in lighter and darker tones. I also look for a bush that has the color I am blending in as well as texture to it (not all the same design, kind of flower or dimension). You will be amazed at the beautiful arrangements you can create by matching and mixing tones, textures and coordinating colors.
Start with one bush of flowers right in the center -- yes just pushing it right on down there in the center of those beads
As you begin to add and build your arrangement…. add the next few bushes and begin to pull and shape the branches (some up and some down over side) - silks are very forgiving….
Continue to add your bushes, pulling, shaping and form until you get the appearance you like. Sometimes it takes just a little "tweaking" here and there to get the look you want. If you have a "hole" -- fill it in with greenery, ivy, or another flower bush. The possibilities are endless!
A few more tips…..- I almost never cut apart my flower bushes when arranging ….I simply stick them in and shape them where I want them to be. The glass beads work great!
- I browse around for about 4 or 5 different flower bushes that I want to arrange together.
- I almost always purchase 2 of the same bush that way my arrangement is more full.
- I always look for sales -- silk flowers can be very expensive. Check the craft stores for sales.
- I love to change from year to year so when I am tired of looking at this arrangement I will pull it apart, using the flowers in another project, the glass beads go back with the others I'm not using and my vase gets put up for another day! It works for me!
If you like my floral idea -- feel free to pin it!
I'd love to hear your floral decor tips and helpful hints too!
Linking up to these great parties this week!
Pin It
Pin It
A great idea!!! PINNED! Happy Spring Tracy
ReplyDeleteMarilyn C.
Really Springy!!! Pinned as well!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Cool2Craft!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Spring arrangement!!
ReplyDelete