follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beautiful Rain!

  I couldn't think of a more fitting blog post than to share these awesome pictures with you of my front year this morning….


   Some of you may remember my request to Pray for Texas last Summer when our state was plagued by drought, 100+ degree temperatures for days ….if not months in a row - it was miserable and totally heartbreaking to hear and see all of the wildfires that took thousands of homes, scorched property and ruined our beautiful state, dying trees and farmland.  The Texas Drought of 2011 is one for the record books…..our children and grandchildren will be learning about this in their 7th grade Texas History class in years to come, my husband and I will be talking about this when we are in our 70's -- to our grandkids as a reminder of Mother Nature's brutalness and how we should take nothing for granted.


Bring us forward to today….my area of Texas has had more rain in the January, February and March 2012 than we had in the entire year of 2011.  Ponds and lakes are filling up {if not full to the brim}, the grass is green, livestock are more healthy and our entire land is recovering.  Praise God for his blessings!


These are pictures of my front yard this morning….

Rain puddles means that our ground has soaked up previous days/week's rain and it then sits on top until it can soak more in the ground -- Hallelujah!  


RAIN PUDDLES -- {{{love}}}

Last summer this grass was "dead" looking - brown and ugly --
it is now green and pretty ready for spring!  

Thank you for letting me share this with you -- I believe all things are possible through Jesus!  Thank you for the prayers.  






~Tracy
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It looks good. Like you my daughter who lives in Carrollton and son who lives in The Colony are both loving this. They are from Connecticut where it is always green except the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I am so glad for you and the state of Texas. Your lawn sure looks great. God truly has blessed your precious state. I'm in Kentucky, you know the Bluegrass State, some of us would have called it the Browngrass state in 2011.
    I posted pics recently of Snow we had a couple days after Tornadoes ripped through KY, IN and other states, we were fortunate in our area. Then we had 72 degree temp. The allergies are terrible right now...but the weather is great.
    More prayers to a great year for everything...we truly need him.
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had wonderful rain. I live in Central TX. My flowers & plants are liking it. My BlueBonnets in my backyard are blooming.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the rain! Great job on the storage tags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü