-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
I used DCWVs "The Pet Stack" for ALL of the paper in this mini. That stack is SO adorable! I used a lot of cartridges and my Gypsy, I have the full list on my blog. I used an actual dog collar for the closure with two Tim Holtz Fragments charms for ""dog tags", and I used faux fur fabric to cover the binding. This was so fun to make, and very therapeutic as well, I LOVED picking out all the photos of my babies :)
I have a video on my blog showing all of the pages and explaining a little of how I did the album :)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
The basic place card is cut from kraft cardstock at 5 1/2" x 2 3/4", scored at 2 3/4". On top of that is a green layer cut at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". The white layer is cut at 2 1/4" x 2 1/4", embossed with my Scor-Pal and the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. Attached with velcro is a pumpkin cut from Gypsy Wanderings at 1 1/2".
To easily change the place card to a Christmas design, I used velcro to swap out the pumpkin for my Christmas tag. This was made by using a 1 3/4" circle punch, along with a 2" scalloped circle, cut from Mini Monograms.
For explicit instructions on how to make these and to see the variety of designs I used, check out the video on my blog at http://www.craftingwithkatie.com/. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Recipe:
Papertrey Ink Kraft, Pinefeather, Rustic White, Dark Chocolate, and Pure Poppy Cardstock
Core'dinations Orange Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Simple Alphabet, Daily Designs, and Tiny Treats: Christmas Stamp Sets
Joann Craft Essentials Markers
White Gelly Roll Pen
Papertrey Ink Chai, Pure Poppy, and Dark Chocolate Ink
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder
Sticky Back Velcro
-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This is a 5.5x5.5 Easel Card. I used the Turkey from Create a Critter and blinged him out along with some black doodling. The leaves are from an old Creative Memories punch and I crimped them. This card is pretty simple because I really wanted my turkey on display. The "Thanks" letters are from a stamp I have and the "GIve" I wrote myself. I normally don't write on my cards like that but I wanted it to be much smaller. I will make a handmade 6x6 envelope for this card since the hat sticks up over the
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
{AMBER}
When Tracy asked me to make a project about something I was thankful for, how could I decide on just one thing? So I made a banner with many of the things I am grateful for to display near my dining room, that is one of the first things you see when you walk into the house.
I used papers from the Autumn Splendor stack by DCWV.
I cut scalloped circles at 4 inches, and plain circles at 3.25 inches
I stitched around each blue circle with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker. Then I added my die cuts, and wrote what each one meant to me.
Here are all the ones I made
I made 2 like this - a leaf that says "I am grateful for..." over and over all the way around. This is how I started and finished my banner.
A wedding couple that says "Being married to the love of my life and best friend"
A little girl sillouette that says "Tiffany Marie, our beautiful daughter"
A little boy silloutte that says "Our crazy, but sweet little boy Sammy"
A doctors bag that says "Our health, and the health of those dear to us"
A watermelon with a bite taken out that says " The food to fill our tummies & help our children grow"
A house that says "Our beautiful new home to raise our children in and make memories"
A pair of scissors that says "My creativity and all the wonderful tools I have to help it come to life"
I used regular old Scotch tape to attach them to a ribbon. I punched a small hole in the top one and strung a rubber band through it. Then I used a Command hook to hang it on the wall. These hooks are made to come off the walls without doing damage.
Thanks for letting me share, and may you all be as blessed as I am this Thanksgiving season!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Hi- This week we were challenged to make a project showcasing what we are thankful for, it could have been anything from home decor, scrapbook layout or anything you could imagine. I went to the Scrapbook Expo last October in Sacramento and I found this cute little booth called Quick Quotes. They had beautiful kits for every occasion. I foam und this one called "Family", so I finally sat down last weekend and put the kit together. We just had family pictures taken in the park so I thought this would be perfect to finish the kit with. And of course it truely represents what I am thankful most in my life...My family. I am so thankful that God blessed me with a wonderful husband and two healthy beautiful children. I could not be more thankful for anything else in the world except that. My family means everything to me and they are the most important part of my life. So I think this wall hanging truely fits this challenge for me.
I hope you enjoy.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
See Tammy's blog for more close up pictures! :)
Thanksgiving “Eat Pie” Banner
I wanted to make a Thanksgiving banner to decorate for Thanksgiving, I am Thankful for a lot in my life but I have a 21 month old so I decided to do a fun whimsical banner. I really like the way this one turned out, it is fun, cute and was fairly quick (which I need with a 21 month old very active little boy!) I used Sure Cuts A Lot 2 to make this entire banner, the scalloped rectangles are from Penny Duncan, the inside rectangles are from the Basic Shapes library, sized to fit. The pies are from my vast SVG collection but I do not know where I got it and the Turkey is from Treasure Box Designs “I’m Cooked” Collection. The papers are from DCWV and Bazzill, along with some scrap paper. The font I used is called “A Truer Blue” and I liked the child like quality of it. I hope y’all enjoy my Thanksgiving Banner and have a wonderful Blessed Thanksgiving!
Tammy
===============
Pin It













No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü