follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Design Team Wednesday ~ 11/10/10

Hi everyone.....thanks for stopping by today.

Who can feel Thanksgiving in the air?  I know I can.  It is definitely my favorite time of year.  Busy and fun all wrapped up together. 

My Design Team #1 has created some wonderful projects for your viewing pleasure today.  Their theme was "I am Thankful".....I hope you enjoy looking at everyone's designs.  Thank you ladies! 


~Cheryl~





I am so thankful for my family... I love how they help around the house, give me crafting advice and my kids love to create along side me. So when I received the project assignment of "I am thankful for..." I naturally asked my two boys what they think I should make.


My oldest son had watched Mary (CardsTV) make a hot chocolate packet card on her YouTube channel. So that was his suggestion. Here is my take on a Cocoa packet made as a small Thanksgiving gift for a loved one:

I used "Me and my Big Ideas" fall paper stack and matching stickers. I made the sentiments on my computer using the Gabriola font. Please visit me on my blog for the dimensions and more pictures.



*:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:*




I decided to make a picture frame for a picture of my family. I am most thankful for my family. They stick together through thick and thin. We are a combined family so sometimes things have been difficult. I love them dearly and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. They even encourage my "cricut obsession".


The wood frame is from the $1 bin at Michaels, I used Cricut Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge for the leaves, and Potpourri basket for the "family". The paper is from Bazzill, the "thankful" sticker is from K & Company and I covered the whole frame with a couple coats of Mod Podge.

Thanks. I enjoyed this weeks theme. It really makes you think about just what is most important. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving season. Talk to you all soon!
 
 
*:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:*
 
 
 

This is a Thanksgiving Day page layout that I plan to use this year. The theme this week is Thankful, and I am Thankful for my family.


The paper for my layout is from DCWV The Autumn Splendor Stack.


I am using the Thanksgiving cartridge, cutting the pie at 2 3/4 and the cornucopia at 2 inches, and the words Gather Together is cut at 3 inches .

The large square scallop is cut at 11 inches using the Storybook cartridge.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Hugs,
CindyB


*:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:*




*Smiley cart (my new favorite!) = images



*Designer Calendar = sentiment


*Pink by Design stamps = images on leaves


*designed on my Gypsy


*Post-it Craft Paper, & scraps from my stash


*Peachy Keen Retro Faces set, and Everyday Character Face Parts set


*Stickles


I decided to make a Thankful album. It's been a crazy (good and bad) year for my family, and I wanted to have an album/journal to write and show all the things I'm thankful for. We had a new baby born this year, and a new niece coming in January (that's what the baby cut was for. I'll use that page to write about the new babies in our family). The older I get, the more I see the need to NOT cry over spilled milk (this was really the perfect cut for that!). And to be thankful for all the love I have in my life (aren't those the CUTEST kisses and hugs symbols?!?!) These are just a few of the images in the album. I think this will be something my whole family will treasure in the future! Thanks for another great challenge Tracy :o)

*:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:*

I hope you've enjoyed today's Design Team projects.  Thanks ladies :) 

Thankfully yours,
Tracy ~ CJToo


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü