follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Black & Turquoise Zebra Gift Bag Tutorial

Hi everyone! 
Today I want to share how I created the Black & Turquoise Zebra Birthday Bag I shared with you last week. 


Last week I showed you a project using the fabulous Birthday Doodles stamp set from My Pink Stamper.  This stamp set is only available by purchasing the Birthday Doodles kit which includes everything you see below. Sold exclusively at Shop Pumpkin Spice. 


I usually purchase the Celebrate It bags when Michael’s has them on sale.  They come is a variety of colors and sizes. 

Black and Turquoise Zebra Gift Bag
by Tracy Wellmann


Create a fabulous gift bag for the Diva in your life or just change up the colors to create the perfect bag!

Supplies:
·         Black bag ~ Celebrate It (Michaels)
·         Black/turquoise zebra scrapbook paper (Hobby Lobby)
·         Turquoise glitter paper (Target)
·         White cardstock
·         Image stamp & Sentiment stamp – Birthday Doodles by My Pink Stamper (Shop Pumpkin Spice)
·         Pink jewel embellishments
·         Blank ink stamp pad & glass block
·         Punches ~ Real Estate Sign by EK Success (sentiment), Flourish Square (glitter paper behind sentiment)
·         Hot pink rick rack
·         Pink ribbon
·         Flowers – pink (1) & black (1)
·         Brad (teal color)
·         Pop dots
·         Markers for coloring (shopping bag) – black, teal, pink,
·         Copic colorless blender pen to make shading effects on bag.

1.       Stamp shopping bag image on white cardstock.  Color with markers & shade with colorless blender pen.  Cut out this image with scissors leaving ¼” around image.  Adhere to a square of glitter paper and cut out leaving another ¼” of glitter paper. Put aside.
2.      I cut apart my “Happy Birthday” sentiment in ½ so I could use it top and bottom. (yes, you can do this *smiles*) Stamp in black ink onto white cardstock.  Punch out using the Real Estate Sign punch.
3.      Using a pop dot attach the sentiment to the glitter paper.  I found the pop dots stick very well to glitter paper.  Set aside.
4.      Lay bag flat and measure zebra paper the size you’d like for front of bag.  Trim to size and adhere to front of bag.
5.      Attach a piece of pink zig zag ribbon; refer to photo for placement.
6.      Attach sentiment and shopping bag with pop dots onto front of bag; refer to photo for placement.
7.      Embellish with pink jewels.
8.      Place gift inside.
9.      Close with pink ribbon (I stapled to bag), attach flowers using brad.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü