follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What's Your Summer Blog Hop ~ Pool Party Scrapbook Pages

Welcome to the What's your Summer Blog Hop hosted by Ms. Ashley at My Scrappin' Palace.  Thank you Ashley for inviting me to hop along today. :)

If you are following the hop you should have arrived from my super talented friend Ms. Momo's blog.  Wow -- what a hard act to follow.  :)


Today's project's are all about summer and our favorite things to do.  


-----
My sister Tina has a beautiful backyard pool and we get together frequently to hang out by the their pool, grill up some burgers and watch the kids swim or play a game of volleyball in the pool -- in fact it's our favorite thing to do during the summer.  
I created this layout for some of our summer pictures.  
Simple but fun!  


I used the Seasonal cartridge Luau for the images. 
 Click HERE to see the images.
  


I adhered the ribbon on the back side of each photo mat, loosely tying a knot around the front.  I didn't adhere the ribbon down in the front as I will need this space to slip my picture in.  



I used my white gel pen on the palm tree and brown marker for extra doodling around all of the  photo mats and images.

The sun is cut at 4 inches

Pool Party is cut at 7" fit to length -- I used my Copic markers to color the drink glass, straw and fruit on the cup.  There is not a shadow for Pool Party so I created my own using blue card stock and cutting around for a shadow effect.  




Now hop on over to the super talented Tanya's blog to continue with the hop.
Thanks for stopping by and have a SUPER day!


Come back tomorrow as I will have another project tutorial for you.
--------
::Blog Hop Trail::













Paula - http://morethanfavors.blogspot.com/

Linked up at

Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Great layout I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, the palm trees look like they are moving, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super layout! ♥
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout... we have a pool and im always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracy.. I LOVE this LO!!! You are the BEST doodler I know!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FUN layout!! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout, it makes me want to have a pool party too! If only the rain and tornadoes would go away. TFS

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic layout!! Love the doodling!!
    Tracy
    jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice color combo
    Really cute
    perderg{at}q{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this layout...it is so bright and pool like! The colors remind me of swimming at the pool! SO nice! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy this is super adorable layout I just love it...
    The Queen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout... very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just became a follower! Love your very adorable layout!
    Michele
    fishmememoriesandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the design! Especially all the squiggley lines around the cuts! Thanks for joining the hop!

    --tre
    rushta (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun summery LO to record your favorite summer memories! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this LO wreaks of FUN..I especially like the way you have drawn round your frames and such

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! super simple and cute!

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable layout!! Love the colors! I grew up with a pool in my backyard and I think everyday was a pool party!! I think I might have to get that Luau cartridge! Thanks for sharing!

    scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute LO! I love the colors and the doodling! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute layout! TFS

    mlenclade at g mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute!! I love your pages!! It is so cute!! =)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute and colorful layout! I just love love the result of you doodling around! Great technique for this layout Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Greay layout. I love how colorful it is.

    Dana
    Danascrafycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your layout!!! Love the colors. :0)
    cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. great Summer layout.
    Kathy
    Katsews at gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bright colors, fun layout. I love the font on "pool party" May have to add this to my wish list
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun layout! I like how you have outlined everything! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great layout! I love your doodling! Thanks for playing the CropStop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü