follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Table Decor

Hi CJToo Friends.....
Merry Christmas




Okay, I am not only a Craft Junkie but I am a Trash to Treasure Junkie too ~ I love to take "this" and make "that" out of it.  I came up with these adorable (at least I think they are) table decorations for a recent Christmas gathering.  The inspiration was a fabric stuffed candy cane.  My sweet MIL sewed me a bunch of fabric candy canes made out of red ticking fabric.  I am so lucky to have a super MIL who is always supporting my crafty side.  The "vase" or holder for my decorations is an recycled oatmeal can covered with green vinyl ~ I purchase my vinyl by the roll at www.signwarehouse.com - they have excellent customer service.  I just cut the vinyl to fit the cane.
Next I tied on some wired ribbon in the center of the cane.  Inside the can/holder I stuck in candy canes, greenery, glittery white picks, other "candy" looking picks and a fake sucker.  I made the fake sucker using a round styrofoam disc (this one measures 5"), I used a 1/4 dowel for the "stick" of the sucker.  I put the stick in the styrofoam circle first before covering the sucker with the paper.  It made it much easier to handle.  I then covered the sucker with the christmas paper... I actually found this foil looking paper at my local grocery store in the Christmas aisle.  It came in a set of 4 rolls, green, red, silver and blue.  I thought THAT WOULD BE PERFECT for suckers!  I cut a square large enough to cover the whole styrofoam disc and wrapped it around leaving the bottom excess for the wrapper; secured with a twist tie (or you could use a chenille stem or other wire).  If you need more specific instructions ~ just contact me.   




For the tables, I put 2 christmas cans and strung pine garland down the middle; wired ribbon drapped across the pine garland adds that special touch.  I then scattered real candy canes and other christmas candies on the table around the center.  It really looks great.  Cute, fun and soooo pretty!   



Merry Christmas from Craft Junkie Too!




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Tracy!! And of course you in the santa hat too, is adorable. Thanks for sharing, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Santa hat Tracy, and those table decorations look very festive and unique!

    Merry Christmas,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really nice job!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü