follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Meet Craft Junkie Too's Family

Happy Birthday to me, Craft Junkie Too!

Today is my birthday and I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day than with my family.

Here is my hubby Ricky, our oldest Skyler (12) and our toddler Spencer (2 1/2).


We decided to go to Houston Zoo which is about a little over an hour from home and decided to pose for a family picture before heading inside the gate. The tour of the zoo started out well but as we traveled around looking at the different animals we were very disappointed because so many of them were napping. Yes, asleep in a corner or sprawled out under the tree. I don't know if it was the humidity, because it was Saturday or they just didn't want to be bothered but the lions, tigers, bears and several cats were napping. :( We did get to see the elephants, zebras and giraffes up and about so the toddler was a happy camper. Anyhoo's about 2 hours into our walk around the zoo it started pouring down raining and it was not a shower - it was a "find cover and get out of the soaking rain" kind of downpour. Yes, we all got soaked but laughed so hard. Typical Texas weather.....one moment it's sunshining and the next your finding cover for rain. I tried to keep a very positive attitude about the whole not so good experience at the zoo day -and kept thinking that I could be stuck at work dealing with snotty people. HA! That thought was all it took. Needless to say this cut our day short and we decided to head on home. We did stop off at one of my favorite restaurants, The Texas Roadhouse for a delicious lunch/supper combo. After that DH was even nice enough to offer to sit in the suburban with the toddler while I slipped into Michael's and shopped a bit. Once I returned to the car - he did remind me that I was in there for over an hour. double HA!
Yes, Craft Junkie Too had a great birthday. I can't wait to pull out my cricut animal kingdom cartridge and scrapbook the memories.


Hugs,
Tracy


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday!!

    Great family pic Tracy...your little guys are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I think the animals are just tired of people!! When we went to the Houston Zoo most of the animals were sleeping! We saw more animals at the FREE Tyler Zoo.

    Are you part of a crafty group around here? I know we both live close to each other. I would love to find one. I always could use someone to go shopping with too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü