follow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow mefollow me

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{Creamy} Chicken Spaghetti

Chicken Spaghetti is one of my favorite dishes and this recipe is one of my absolute faves of all time. It's rich, creamy, cheesy and tastes like a million bucks.  Well, maybe not a million -- but pretty close.  Anything with cheese, right?!  It also makes a big ole batch so I always have some to save for another meal.  



Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
3 large boneless chicken breasts
1 can creamy chicken mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 cup Half & Half (optional)
1/2 block Velveeta cheese
1 box angel hair spaghetti
  • In large pot cook chicken breasts until done and season with salt and pepper.  Allow to cool.  Save broth. 
  • Cook spaghetti; drain and set aside.
  • Combine soups, Ro-Tel tomatoes, Half & Half and simmer in large pot until heated through.
  • Chop or shred chicken and add to soup mixture.  Simmer on low to prevent burning.
  • Add chicken broth to make soupy. 
  • Melt 1/2 block Velveeta cheese in microwave - cut cheese into 1 inch hunks for easier melting. (start with 2 mins.)
  • Stir in melted cheese into soup/chicken mixture.
  • Add cooked spaghetti.
  • Spray 13” x 9” baking dish with non-stick spray.
  • Pour soupy mixture into baking dish.
  • Top with more Velveeta cheese. (if desired)
  • Bake 325º for about 25 minutes or until heated through. 


Enjoy!  

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Delicious!!!Love it!!I am so try this!!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this all the time...actually I just made some yesterday. The leftovers are also great. I call mine Chicken Etti..I also buy can chicken an break it up..makes the process quicker an not a lot of clean up :) We change up the pasta all the time. My hubby loves when I make it with penne pasta. Hope your family enjoyed it..it's a staple in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds really good. What size block of Velveeta do you use ? It comes in several sizes. If I was to use regular Cheddar or American cheese do you know how much it would take (in ounces or some other measurement )?
    proudtobefromnc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment ~ I looooove comments. If you have a question -- just leave it here and I'll try to respond. If not, please feel free to email me at any time. Ü